If you are reading this, congratulations! You are about to receive data-driven insights about hair care outcomes that cannot be gathered by a simple Google search. The data contained originates from the Rachel Joyce Organic Salon Online Consultation launched October 2015 in order to encourage current and prospective clients to think about hair goals more objectively and holistically. This report represents about 18 months of data and 409 unique responses through April 2017. We’ve attempted to pull out themes in the data to serve as a starting point that may help you and your stylist better evaluate your specific needs. Happy styl-analyzing!
* ~ 3 in 4 respondents reported Dryness (75%)
* ~ 1 in 2 respondents reported Split Ends (54%)
* ~ 1 in 2 respondents reported Breakage (53%)
* ~ 2 in 5 respondents reported Frizz (42%)
* ~ 2 in 5 respondents reported Shampooing less than once per week (41%)
* ~ 1 in 3 respondents reported Brittleness (31%)
* ~ 1 in 4 respondents reported Itchy Scalp (27%)
* ~ 1 in 5 respondents reported Hair Loss (19%)
* ~ 1 in 3 respondents reported receiving Color treatments (35%)
* ~ 1 in 7 respondents reported receiving Relaxer treatments (15%)
* If you thought you were alone with any of the above, you’re not.
* Dryness responses need to be at least cut in half by educating individuals of the importance of making sure they DRINK ENOUGH WATER.
* Split Ends and Breakage responses need to be at least cut in half by educating individuals on how important it is to GET A REGULAR TRIM.
* Encourage individuals to WRITE A HAIR CARE PLAN that includes: shampoo frequency, deep conditioning frequency, trim frequency, and non-negotiable restrictions (ex. No braids with added hair more than once a year, no random box color, no extensions in for longer than 6 weeks, etc…).
* USE THE RIGHT TREATMENTS and don’t compromise.